Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 1, 2014

Family Support

Support of family and friends is a good thing.  This weekend we went camping, and although it was hard at times to figure out what I could have (still on the 2-week pre-op diet), I was successful in sticking to the diet.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to turn down all the sweets and carbs.

Hubby and I spent some quality time together while the kids were off swimming, which was much needed.  I'm finding that the closer I get to surgery, the more I need reassurance that I am beautiful the way I am right now, and he is great at giving me that.  We also talked about how I'm going to be when I am "more beautiful" and all the wonderful things I'll be able to do that I can't do now.

And on an even more wonderful note, hubby joined Weight Watchers tonight.  He is going to do online and also attend meetings.  I'm really happy that he is going to work on getting himself healthy too.  And we're going to bring the kids right along with us.  It's a journey we will do together.

I can't believe surgery is only 8 days away.....

1 comment:

  1. Super excited for all of you! Nobody ever goes on this journey alone...it takes a village! I'm glad that I can be there to be one of your people, just as you have been one of mine!

    ReplyDelete