Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Results of doc visit

Yesterday was my 1-week post-op doctor visit and nutritionist visit.  Everything went well.  I am cleared to eat soft foods, which is awesome!  The doctor said I am doing good.  I'll go back to work on the 29th, which is exactly 20 days after surgery.  Not bad, eh?  I am also back to driving, which is good.  I drove myself to the appointment and didn't have any problems.  While in the waiting room, I talked to a women who was in my nutrition classes, she was 2 weeks post-op and had a ton of complications.  But she was also back to work, which makes me wonder if doing too much, too soon has contributed to those complications.  Her hospital experience was very different from mine too.  It made me very grateful that I am doing as well as I am.

The doc did say 2 more weeks of no housework, so hubby will have to continue the great job he's been doing with doing the housework solo.  We are doing our best to get the kids to help out more, which isn't easy.  It is hard to see laundry and other stuff that needs to be done and not do it.

The ice-cream maker arrived yesterday.  I found some great protein ice cream recipes on Shelly's blog (www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com).  Hubby and I are both looking forward to making homemade ice cream.  We have relatives staying with us this weekend, and we are hoping to try it out then.

1 comment:

  1. You GO, Girl!!! We're with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!

    MIL & DIL xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete