Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, September 12, 2014

First full day home

Today was my first full day home.  I got home yesterday about 5:00 pm.  It is good to be home.  I was able to have my first protein shake and do my first bouts of sipping at home.  It was nice to sleep in my own bed.  It was a challenge though to figure out how to sleep.  I'm a stomach sleeper, and it's hard to sleep on your stomach when you have 5 incisions that are healing.  So I figured out how to kinda sleep on my side/back.

I woke up around 8:00...after the hubby and kids left for work/school.  It was weird to wake up to a quiet house, yet nice at the same time.  I was only up once (or was it twice) in the middle of the night to answer the call of mother nature.  I had my first meal of the day, a strawberry creme protein shake.  The premier protein shakes are pretty good, and they are 30g of protein per shake.  My goal is 80 - 120 grams of protein per day.  After the shake I need to wait 30 minutes before I start sipping on liquids.  The goal for liquids is 64 oz per day and that includes the shakes as well as any other liquids.  I had crystal light water until 30 minutes before lunch, then stopped before lunch.  Lunch was a chocolate protein shake.  Once I finished that, it was wait 30 minutes and then back to sipping.  Do you notice the pattern here?  Dinner tonight was yummy.  Hubby made me pureed chicken and mashed potatoes.  I had 1 ounce of each.  It was really tasty.  Then more sipping and I'll end the day with another shake.  So I will definitely get my protein in.

Pain hasn't been too bad today, but I am really taking it easy like I'm supposed to.  It's not easy for me to sit around and do nothing.  but hubby is making sure I take it easy.  He is a most fantastic man and I love him very, very much.  He is wonderful.  I cannot say enough good about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment