Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 22, 2014

A very bad day (or should I say 1/2 day)

Yesterday morning was rough...more rough than I could have imagined.  It was the worst battle of mental hunger I have ever had.  We were at a pot luck after church.  I brought my own meal, a Jimmy Dean light breakfast bowl with egg whites, turkey sausage, and potatoes.  So when everyone else started getting their food, hubby heated up my lunch for me.  People sat at the table with their plates full of goodness, and I was content with my meal....at first.  I wound up eating a bit too fast and my belly started to hurt, so I got up and walked around.  I wandered into the kitchen....not too smart.  So I wandered back into the hall, food everywhere.  Then the cake got sliced.  Well, that was really, really hard.  I'm a huge carb and sweets junkie, and this became more than I can bear.  It took everything in me not to scream loudly and run out of the room.  Instead I calmly found hubby and told him I was going to go sit upstairs in the office.  Which is exactly what I did.  Once I got up there, I was ok.  I had a magazine to read and just enjoyed the solitude.

Now I know this is mental hunger.  My little stomach was full, and I was not feeling any physical hunger.  I'm still doing my best to teach myself that food is fuel for our bodies, and nothing more.  So many events in our lives are centered around food, and we all see food as a pleasure and social event.  But if you were to get down to the bare bones, food is a necessary element to keep us alive.  To get to that point is a major shift in thinking that is not easy.

My hubby is awesome.  He totally understood what happened and was very supportive.  I was wanting a cup of coffee, so we stopped at dunkin donuts after we left church to get some coffee.  We talked in depth on the way home, and by the time we got home I was totally fine.  We were then able to get some weekly grocery shopping done, and the rest of the day was wonderful.  I don't know what I would do without him.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was an eye opener. I know that going forward I will do whatever is needed to be more aware and supportive of your efforts. We're all learning with you. :o) MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you can do it. You are a strong person. Pray to God he will help you.

    ReplyDelete