Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

6 more days

I have 6 more days to go until surgery.  I printed out the living will and POA information.  Now to fill it all out and get it all signed.  Doing this really makes you think about your mortality.  Now, I'm confident that everything is going to go just fine, but these things are necessary "just in case."  I am strong in my faith and that helps a lot.

I saw a post on obesityhelp.com regarding what to wear home from surgery.  It was something I really didn't think about, but I'm glad I saw it.  I think I'm going to go with a very loose-fitting shirt, baggy under-britches, and loose shorts.  This way there is nothing pressing on any incision spots.  Another recommendation was to bring a pillow to put between my belly and the seat belt.  I just might do that too.

The fatigue and joint pain are getting a bit worse.  I'll be so happy when I can take the Crohn's meds again.  Walking and typing are getting difficult...which really sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie BFred told me about your journey. I had sleeve surgery in January and have lost 56 lbs so far....I'm stuck right now, but that's due to not working out as much as I should. I don't regret the surgery for one second! It's been a true blessing.
    As to the hospital...I brought nothing except my cell phone. I wore a baggy shirt and workout pants to the hospital and wore them home. Make sure you walk walk walk after surgery! It's the only way to make the horrible gas pain go.
    Make sure you have all your vitamin supplements lined up. I bought mine on amazon...Bariatric Choice is a good one. Syntrax is a good protein shake mix...very low calorie/high protein/no sugar.
    FB has a "gastric sleeve support group" that is incredibly helpful. Also, thinnertimes.com is a good website.
    One thing to keep in mind is this doesn't fix our brains. I'm still a food addict. One helpful book is "The Emotional First Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life After Weight Loss" by Cynthia Alexander. I have several other books that are useful too. Feel free to friend me on FB and I can share them with you via kindle app. :)

    ReplyDelete