Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The cat is out of the bag

Well, I haven’t written in a while because there has been so much going on.  December was a very busy month.  I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that I have Crohn’s disease, and early December was my 3 year follow-up colonoscopy.  Good news is that I have no active disease.  To that I am very grateful.  Then on Dec 20 and Jan 3 I had cataract surgery.  All went well there.  All 3 kids had school music performances in December.   And in between all that throw in Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc., and you get the picture.
I told some people in late November what I was up to with this and the reaction was about what I expected.  They were concerned.  One person had a gastric bypass done a long time ago…maybe 15 years or something along that…and she had major complications.  For one, she almost died on the table.  And for two, she continues to have nutrition problems and other problems.  I tell myself that her surgery was a long, long time ago and things are different now then back then and many improvements have been made.  I have other friends who have had the same procedure and have had no complications and great success.
Today I told my team at work.  The reaction was very supportive, to which I am happy. 

Next Tuesday, the 14th, is the surgery seminar.  It is there that I will learn about the 3 possibilities and meet the surgeon.  I also hope to find out which procedure will be the best for my situation.  I’m looking forward to this part of the journey starting, but I’m scared at the same time.  I will definitely continue to build my support group to help me through all this.  I’m thankful to all my family and friends that support me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment