Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The First Appointment has been made

I, along with my wonderful husband, will be attending the initial weight loss seminar on January 14.  Now I have a date to get things started.  I have to fill out a 6 page application and bring it with me.  This application has all the usual stuff, plus a diet history.  Heck, I can't remember the diet history!!  I guess I'll just have to guestimate some of it.  I took Meridia back when I lived in Toledo, I've done calorie counting, the diabetic diet, weight watchers several times....

It's really interesting to see all the necessary steps to be done.  I've been down this road once before, so most of these steps should be easy.  So after the seminar I turn in this application and once it's reviewed by the medical staff, the appointments will be scheduled.

I'll have to go through a three-part series to be evaluated for surgery:  Dietary, Medical, and Psychological.  Then it's a series of classes to learn how to eat after surgery.  Then I meet with the surgeon and get the surgery scheduled.  I'll also be a part of the support group that has members in all different stages of treatment.

And I know I have my support group of family and friends and my special friends who have been through what I'm about to go through.

What will be interesting to me is what type of surgery the doctor will recommend.  With all my issues, plus having Crohn's disease, I know I'm a difficult case.

January 14 seems like a long way away, but I know it will be here before I know it.  Heck, it's only 2 months and 1 day from today.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Lisa! It's a hard, difficult journey, but in the end, you will be much better for it! So will your family! (TMW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe the first day of the rest of your life starts tomorrow. It's almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete