Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 8, 2013

Things I'm not going to miss

I've been meaning to post for days now, but just haven't had the time.  So many things I want to write about....so many thoughts going through my head.  Today I decided to list the things I won't miss when I take my journey to a new me.

Here is what I won't miss:

  • Fat and Flab!!  I'm so tired of being fat.  And yes, I'm going to use the word fat.  Other words:  Blubber, Lard....I'm sure there are more, but you get my meaning.
  • Huffing and Puffing like a freight train!  I can't walk more than 1/2 block without being out of breath.  I can't change my clothes without being out of breath.  I can't walk upstairs to my bedroom without being out of breath.  I can't play outside with my kids without being out of breath.  I'M TIRED OF BEING OUT OF BREATH!!
  • Paying an arm and a leg for clothes.  Sometimes I can get shirts and maybe some pants at Wal-Mart, but most of the time I have to go to Catherine's. Any idea how expensive those clothes are????  Have you ever tried to find a "romantic" outfit in a size BE (Baby Elephant)???  
  • Speaking of romance, I'm not going to miss being able to be intimate with my wonderful husband in only one position.  There, I said it!  I want more fun in the bedroom!
  • Being left behind.  Sometimes I really hate being left behind, but I'm used to it.  I walk so damned slow, that when I'm with people, I'm always trailing behind.  It would be so nice to be with the people I'm with, enjoying the conversation, but I can't expect everyone to walk slower than a snail to stay back with me.  However, it really gets lonely at the end of the line...
  • Taking tons of pills.  I take 10 different oral medications, 2 kinds of insulin, and 1 weekly shot.  I'm looking forward to the diabetes and high blood pressure getting under better control and being able to stop some of my meds.
  • Pain!!  I won't miss being in pain all the time.  My knees hurt, my feet hurt, my arms hurt, my ass hurts.  I'm tired of hurting!!
Well, it was good to get all that off my chest.  

4 comments:

  1. Hate to point it out, but you forgot the laughter, the stares, the emotional wear-down of every unkind word. I come from a long line of "large" women with a host of related problems-diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc...I didn't want history to repeat itself. Change is good-and life saving when it comes to certain situations!

    And worthy of mention is the fact that you (unlike me) have 3 lives depending on you to be around for a while! Anytime you need help, you can call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the laughter and stares. I think that aspect will be a post in itself! Believe me, I'll call on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need some advice on nutrition ask Mexican pops he is always looking for someone to share his new found knowledge.

    ReplyDelete