Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 1, 2013

about me

I guess my first post should talk about who I am.  I am a mid-40's female who has 3 wonderful children and a fantastic husband.  I have a great job that I really enjoy.  I have an awesome small circle of friends, and a church family that I love.

I also weigh just shy of 400 pounds.

Boy it sounds really bad when I say it like that.  I guess it would sound better if I say 394 pounds, but that is how one tries to avoid reality.  Once you put that 4 in front, it takes on a whole new meaning.

Besides the weight issue, I also have hypothyroidism, diabetes, high blood pressure. Crohn's disease, arthritis , and sleep apnea.

About 7 years ago, weighing around 350, I decided to have a gastric bypass.  I was one doctor appointment away from scheduling the surgery when I found out I was pregnant with my third child.  So that stopped everything.

I thought I could do it on my own, but nothing has worked.  So here I am again, starting this journey one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment