Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Primary doc and insurance requirements

I saw my primary doc yesterday afternoon.  His practice is doing a new diabetic clinic on Wednesdays where you not only see the doctor, but also the diabetic educator and diabetic dietician as well.  The visit lasted over an hour, but it was really good.  He was pleased with the news of the upcoming procedure and wants to do everything he can to help me to start to lose weight pre-surgery (which is required anyways).  They also changed around some of my diabetic meds, and the new one can also help with weight loss.  So that’s a good thing too.

I then called my insurance company today to find out their requirements.  Your BMI has to be over 40 (no problems there!) and you have to be under a medically supervised diet for 6 months and have a psychological evaluation (which is required anyways).  But she stressed that these are general guidelines and that they always go on a case by case basis.


It’s gonna be a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment