Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Steps

Steps….lots of steps.  Steps to take till I get a surgery date,  steps to start losing weight now before surgery, and steps to tell more people what I’m up to. 


There are 14 items to check off on my list until surgery is complete.  I have 2 of them done…attended the seminar and submitted the application.  Then I have the appointment with the Nurse Practitioner or Weight Management MD Consult which is scheduled right now for April.  After that I need to see a Registered Dietitian and a Health Psychologist.  After those are done I have Pre-op Class number 1.  Then I have to turn in paperwork from all those steps.  And finally I will have the consultation with the surgeon.  Once that is complete they will submit everything to insurance for pre-approval (which could take up to 4 weeks to get back, if not longer).  While waiting for the insurance approval, I have monthly pre-operative nutrition classes until my surgery date.  Step 11 is to have my chart reviewed (once insurance approval letter is received) and then the surgery is scheduled.  Next the final pre-op class 2 weeks before surgery.  Item 13 is the pre-op testing and medical clearance and then finally step 14 is surgery.  Now, these steps might not occur in this exact order, but it’s still a lot of stuff to get done!!  The list looks long and daunting, but I’m confident it will go by faster than I think it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment