Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 9, 2015

Month 5 update

I am very pleased with the 10 pound loss this month.  Being able to lose any weight while being on Prednisone is an accomplishment.  I have another 2 1/2 weeks to go on this drug and then I'm done with it.  Thank goodness.

There have been many other accomplishments this month as well.  I am down to a size 24W (or 26W depending on the make of pants).  My largest was a 34W.  When looking at a picture from my wedding almost 15 years ago, I noticed that I am smaller now than I was when I got married.  In the picture, my hubby was barely able to get his arms around me when we danced, now he can grab his wrists when he wraps his arms around me.  My stomach no longer hits the steering wheel when I drive, which is really nice.  My 7-year-old is very happy that I now have a lap on which she can sit.

I signed up for my first 5K.  I will be walking in the Bubble Run Chicago on May 30 at the Chicagoland Speedway.  I am very excited to be doing my first 5K.  I have formed a team and several friends/family are walking with me.

I joined the fitness center at my office and will be working out there today for the first time since surgery.  Heck, I have a 5K to train for!!  I'm looking forward to getting on the treadmill again.  It'll be interesting to see how well I can do.

2 comments:

  1. What a journey you have been on!! And now you are going to do a 5K. You must be over the moon! Congratulations and have fun! It's so easy to put it on and sooooo hard to take it off. --_--_--_-- (that was supposed to be a wave cheer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, YES, YES, YES, YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete