Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Compliments

Over the last month or so, I have received many compliments.

A girl at my office had moved to another department, so I haven't seen her since before surgery: I saw her at the company holiday party and she didn't recognize me at first; she had to ask another person who I was as she was walking up to me.

Last month we went to a wake for the relative of a friend, and it's been at least 6 months since we saw that friend.  At first he saw hubby and started wondering where I was, but then he realized I was standing with hubby.  He didn't recognize me.

This past Sunday we went to a restaurant we hadn't been to in a long time, and the owner was amazed when she saw me and told me that I looked 20 years younger.

Boy, I sure love those compliments.  It's funny, though, because people aren't sure if they should compliment or not.  If they say, "you look great" there is the underlying thought...."well, not that you didn't look good before".  They don't want the compliment to seem like a slam at the same time.  I know I look different.  I look at the before picture on this blog and I can't believe it's me.  I look at the picture on my work ID and it doesn't look like me.  And yes, when I see those pictures, I sometimes wonder, "wow, you sure were large!"  I know I'm looking better, and I know I look different.  So please, keep those compliments coming.  I love them!!

Thank you all for your ongoing love and support.  I couldn't do this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment