Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Surgeon follow-up visit

Today I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Nagle (my surgeon).  It was a good appointment.  I had to get blood work done first, and the nurse was really nice and got me in one stick!  Yippie!!  She had to take 5 tubes of blood!!  I'll get the results within a few days.  Dr. Nagle was very pleased with my progress.  He says I've been averaging a loss of 10 pounds per month since surgery, which is good.  He would like to see me lose at least 50 more and sees no reason why I can't get below 200 (which would be AWESOME!).  I'm at 280 now (according to their scale), so that's only 81 pounds to go.  He said I need to increase activity, and make sure I'm getting enough protein and really limit the sugars and carbs.  I can definitely do that.  I might have slipped a bit when it comes to the carbs, but I can get back on track.  I want to reach my goal of 200 pounds lost.  That means I need to get down to 198 and I KNOW I can do it!!!

He asked me if I had any regrets having the surgery.  And I honestly told him that no, I do not have regrets.  I'm very happy I did this, and I'm pleased with the results so far.  I know I still have work to do, and I'm willing to do it.  And my family is willing and able to help me do it.

We also talked about the skin issue.  He told me to keep up with the treatment my primary gave me regarding rashes under my "apron" and that he really wants me to wait till I'm a year post-surgery to start discussing surgery for the excess skin.  I will see him again in September and we'll talk more then.

I know some people that read this blog are ones considering bariatric surgery.  I can't give you the answers, but I can tell you that I am happy with what I did, and I'm here if you need to talk.  And for the rest of you, please feel free to share this blog with anyone you would like.  This is a hard journey, and the more support you have, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment