Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 9, 2015

7 month surgerversary

Seven months ago today I had surgery.  For the six month mark, I had gained 4 pounds.  This month I have lost 3.  So I'm starting to lose again, which is great. And I feel good.

I saw the dietitian, Laurie, yesterday.  Here are the stats she had for me:
  • Post surgery weight loss:  64.5 pounds
  • Loss since my last appointment (11/21/14):  27.5 pounds
  • Total loss (since they started measuring):  91.5 pounds 
  • Pre-op BMI:  59.98
  • Yesterday's BMI:  45.34
  • % Total Body Weight Lost: 18.5% (since surgery)
We talked about my recent stall and she gave me some tips for combating it and starting to lose again.  The stall is normal, and now it is super-important that I track my protein.  She said that I need to get between 80-120 mg of protein per day and the only way I'm going to know for sure is if I track what I eat.  So that's what I need to do.  She's happy with my progress and proud of what I've done so far. Admittedly, tracking is a pain in the ass, which is why I stopped doing it, but it is something I have to do.  I just need to accept that and move on.  I have about 100 more pounds to lose, so I need to do everything in my power to accomplish that.

I love that I'm able to walk and walk and walk.  The day before Easter I was making cakes and candies for a bake sale.  I was on my feet for hours at a time and it didn't phase me.  It wasn't until I got home and was able to sit back and relax when I realized that my feet and legs were a little sore.  A year ago, I would not have been able to do any of this.  Everywhere I go, people are commenting on how good I look and I LOVE it!  I love that people are noticing. I love that I am noticing.

On Monday, I took the kids on a picnic and we went hiking.


It was a lot of fun.  I am so happy that I'm able to hike again.  I really miss being able to explore the outdoors.

I was going through my closet yesterday and came across my wedding dress (it is black velvet).  I saw that it is a size 24W.  I am now in a size 22W.  I tried it on, and of course it fit, but it was much looser than I remember.  I then tried on a few more dresses...all too big.  So they all went into the donate bag.  I need to get the rest of my big clothes out of the closet, then I will have very little left!  We went to Goodwill yesterday and I got 3 tops to wear to work and one tank to wear under some light sweaters I got a few weeks ago.  So I think I'm ok for now with clothes until I drop another size or two.  So if anyone has size 18 or 20 that they want to give rid of, please send them to me!!

Thanks again to everyone for all the support.  The comments here on this blog and the comments on Facebook mean so much to me.  You have no idea how much the encouragement helps me.  I am blessed to have all of you in my corner.



1 comment:

  1. You are SO WORTH our support! We are in your corner, triangle, rectangle, circle, parallelogram, and oval. While those stalls are difficult, they always carry a valuable lesson with them so, keep on keeping on. Congratulations.................

    ReplyDelete