Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 9, 2015

6 month surgiversary

Today marks 6 months since surgery.  For the past month, I actually gained 4 pounds.  I'm sure there are many reasons for this (the big one is being on steroids for the past 2 months), and I am trying not to have feelings of failure.  I know a lot of this also depends on my frame of mind and my mood, so when I'm not in the best of moods I tell myself to try to keep that in mind when I look at the overall picture.

So here are the positives:

Total weight loss:  117 pounds
Loss since surgery:  60 pounds (which would average out to 10 pounds per month)
Pants size has gone from a 34W to a 22W or 24W (depending on the material)
Longest 45 minute walk so far on the treadmill is 1.82 miles

I am able to go up and down stairs with minimal trouble.  I am able to stand for much longer periods of time (and sometimes prefer standing).  I have more energy and for the most part I feel good.

I just need to keep on keeping on.  One step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great on all counts. All of your ducks are in a row. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete