Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

3 weeks and counting

Yesterday was 3 weeks till surgery.  This is my final week of the "old" eating plan.  On Monday I start the 2 week pre-op diet.  We went to Sam's last night and bought 2 cases of protein shakes, a pack of high protein frozen meals, a big bag of frozen veggies, and some low sugar greek yogurt.  So that will at least get me started.  Hubby bought a ninja drink maker last week, and he bought frozen fruit, plain greek yogurt, and protein powder.  His goal to make his own shakes and work on this lifestyle change along with me.  Which I think is totally awesome!

I wouldn't be human if I didn't say I was getting a bit nervous.  This is a HUGE step.  I am confident that I will go through everything just fine, and I've done a pretty good job of setting up my support group.

Wow.....3 weeks from today I will be in the hospital, the surgery over, and starting my recovery.  Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I watch your journey with much interest! I have to do something to get healthier, but I just don't know what the best thing is for me. I HATE my lapband, but I am not sure I want to go under the knife to get it off and, if so, by whom. I have no idea if it comes out as easily as it seemed to go in (the five little incisions instead of a slice across the belly). I wish you all the luck in the world! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete