Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2 weeks till surgery

2 weeks from now I will be having the surgery.  The nervousness is increasing a bit.  I am now at 51 pounds lost.  One of the thoughts that has been going through my head is, "Can I do this on my own?"  And then I thought that maybe it's the jitters talking.

So I went to one of the websites I frequent, www.obesityhelp.com and asked those who have been there what their thoughts were.  The stories that they shared were amazing.  They all had similar thoughts, and some of them even postponed the surgery and tried on their own.

One person lost 65 pounds in 1 year on their own, but then gained 84 back, developed sleep apena and type 2 diabetes.  She is now waiting for a surgery date.
Another one lost 178 on their own, but then gained it all back and more.  Now with surgery he is successful.

Another person lost 50 pounds pre-op and started having second thoughts.  But then she realized why she was having the surgery and kept her surgery date.  Her starting weight was 385 pounds, and her surgery weight on May 1, 2013 was 333.  She is now at 166 pounds!  That is 219 pounds total!

The theme from all of them is that the decision is 100% up to the person having the surgery.  But all of them do not regret having it.  I'm sure there are people who regret having it done, but they wouldn't be posting on that type of forum.

I am looking forward to having this done.  I know my life will be so much better.  I will be healthy and able to do all the things I can only dream about right now.  I want to do a 5k.  I want to go hiking.  I want to ride the zip line and hike to Barber's Cliff at LOMC.  I want to go bike riding.  And I can't wait to be able to do all those things!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. And there's plenty of support out there. Keep on going. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete