Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 22, 2015

What a day!!

Today started out like any normal day.  Got the kids ready for school, they all left with hubby, and I showered and got dressed.  Today I was going on a field trip with the youngest and her class, to see a play at the Apollo theater.  I had to be at school for 8:40, and it's about a 5 minute drive.  So I start gathering everything up at 8:15.  Backpack to hold the snacks, check.  Purse, check.  Cell phone, check.  Mine and Monkey's snack, check.  House keys, check.  Car keys.......car keys.....Holy $h!t!!!  Where the frack are my car keys????  I search the kitchen table, not there.  I look on the floor under the table...nope.  I check pants pockets and jacket pockets...nope.  Not in my purse either.  Kitchen counters???  Bathroom?????  WHERE ARE MY KEYS!!!!!  By now it's 8:32 and I need to get to school.  I don't have time to walk.  I call 2 friends that live nearby....no answer. So I call the school.  I tell the secretary the situation.  She says, "no problem, I'll come pick you up!"  AWESOME!!!  She came right away, I got there before they were boarding the buses and all is well.  Monkey and I have a good time with her class at the play.  The drive there and back was interesting.....I don't think the bus drivers knew where the heck we were going.  I got to see a lot of the Lincoln park residential area.

So on the bus back to school, I'm debating.  The secretary told me that I could get a ride home.  But then I'm thinking.....well, I have a 5k in a week, and I have yet to walk a whole 5 kilometers.  So I decided to walk home.  And I did a good job.  I walked the 1.63 miles in 40 minutes.  It's not the 3.2 miles I need to do next week but it was half of that.  And it felt good to walk.

Now it's time to get back for a fun-filled working weekend at LOMC.  I am really looking forward to it, and during free time, I plan on getting in some hiking.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a full 5k in at some point.

And....hopefully, I'll find my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment