Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 9, 2015

4 months post-surgery

My surgery was 4 months ago today.  Since surgery, I have lost 54 pounds for a total overall loss of 111 pounds.  I'm feeling pretty good and I'm still amazing at how well I can move around.  As I told hubby the other day, 1/4 of me is gone. I'm looking forward to making that become 1/2 of me gone.

The prednisone isn't too bad...but I do notice increased "hunger" which happens a lot when on this drug.  I've also noticed a bit of insomnia, but it's hard to say if that is from the drug or from stuff going on that is weighing down my mind.  The spots on my legs seem to be lessening a bit, but they are still painful.

I had read a while back that many bariatric surgery patients feel the cold much more easily post-surgery than they did pre-surgery.  Boy is that a true statement!! With the cold temperatures and wind-chills I feel like I've been frozen the last few days.  The worst is my feet and my hands...sometimes they feel like blocks of ice.  I look forward to warmer weather already!!

1 comment: