Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 13, 2014

Weekly update #6

It has been an exciting week.  On Monday I had my yearly physical, just need to do a couple of routine tests and blood work.  Then I go back to see my primary to get all the test results.  On Tuesday I had pre-op class #2.  Yesterday, hubby and I saw the surgeon.  Next step is to get all the paperwork organized and submitted to the insurance company for pre-approval.  It will take the bariatric center about 2 weeks to get it all together (and for the doctor to dictate all his notes) and then submit it.  It usually takes about 4 weeks to hear back from them.

The surgeon also agreed that we are looking at early September for a surgery date. Then I'll be out for 2-3 weeks and then probably work from home for a week or two before starting the commute again.  If the timing goes how I think it will, I will be back to work (from home) just in time for quarter-end, which will make my boss and teammates happy.  Since I'm in finance, I tend to look at things by the quarter, and considering that we are fast approaching the end of Q2, it's amazing to think that by the end of Q3 I will be done with surgery.

While we were waiting to see the surgeon, hubby and I were talking about the foods I will and will not be able to eat after surgery...I think I'll write a whole different post on that cause it'll be a long one.  :-)

I sometime wonder who is reading this blog and what they think about it.  Unless people comment on my posts, I don't know who is reading.  Something happened last night that really helped me to feel good about my support group, especially the ones I don't even realize are rooting for me.  I saw an old friend at her Mom's wake.  We were friends in high school, and I haven't seen her in about 20 years, but we have been friends on Facebook for a while now.  While we were talking she told me that she has been following this blog and is very proud and excited at what I am doing.  I can't begin to describe how good that made me feel.  So to that friend, and you know who you are, I say THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to find your blog. I understand you have crohn's disease? How has that affected your journey so far, and I am excited that I am not the only person with crohn's who isn't wasting away!! I look forward to follow your journey and share mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do have Crohn's Disease. I was diagnosed in 2005. When I was first diagnosed, I had a manager who actually told me that there was no possible way I could have Crohn's Disease because I was overweight. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I know that overweight crohnies are not the norm, but we are out there! I am glad you found me too. Are you currently blogging or getting ready to start one? How overweight are you? Are you considering weight-loss surgery?

      Delete
  2. Glad to read that everything is progressing so well. An early September surgery date? Time sure does fly! Keep up the good work. You are so worth every ounce of effort you put into this venture. MIL

    ReplyDelete