Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Weekly update #5

Yes, yes, I know, it's been much longer than a week.  Life has been so busy there hasn't been time to write.

I saw the dietitian (Erin) on May 27.  It was my final appointment with her (but I can contact her any time with questions).  We talked about the after surgery guidelines and the special diet I will need to do for the 2 weeks prior to surgery.  The diet will help to shrink the liver by minimizing the amount of sugar (carbohydrates) consumed.  It will be heavy in protein and veggies.  My final class (#4) is going to give me more specific details on this diet.  Then we talked briefly about the post-surgery diet.

I have other goals to strive for as well.  I need to have my added sugar be less than 7 grams per serving.  Since that is added sugar, I don't count the sugar from fresh/frozen fruits/veggies, or whole grains, or milk.  My fiber goals are 3-5 grams per serving and 25 grams per day.

One of my biggest challenges will be not eating and drinking at the same time.  I can't drink for 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after my meal.  Erin did tell me that it will be much easier after surgery because I will wind up vomiting if I drink while I eat.

The really good news - On their scale I lost 5 more pounds!

Next week I see my primary doc on Monday and I have a form for him to fill out to turn in to the bariatric center - and then I have pre-op class #2 on Tuesday.  After that class I will get the call for the appointment with the surgeon.

I asked Erin if she had an idea how much longer till surgery and she is guessing September.  Which is what I was figuring too.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it going Lisa!! If you ever need a great Amino Acid (physician grade) for protein - I can help you or give you info for your dietician. Veggies to (an amazing 10 Veggies per serving). Your blog is amazing - keep inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I'm proud of your progress.

    ReplyDelete