Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekly update #2

Today's weigh in was 365, so I'm up 3 pounds from last week.  We had Monkey's birthday party on Saturday, so that might have something to do with it.  I'm doing my best to track food better on myfitnesspal.com, and hubby is tracking his as well.  It makes it so much easier to have someone doing it with you, and we are holding each other accountable for tracking.  So that should help.  It's amazing of how much of an eye opener it is when you track your calories.  We are just beginning, but we will make it a habit, that's for sure.

I'm also starting my sample of protein shakes, and I have a list to the right on this blog to keep track of what I'm trying and how I rate the flavor on a 1-5 scale.  This way, when I am closer to surgery and after surgery, I will already know what I like and don't like since those shakes will become common for me.  So if you have any suggestions on ones I can try, please comment below.

I am making a conscience effort of getting more protein in my diet, which is hard for me, since I'm such a carb lover.  And I'm trying to take it slow so that the lifestyle change sticks.  If I do too much, too soon, I will be more apt to drive myself crazy...or should I say crazier than I already am!

No comments:

Post a Comment