Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 17, 2015

5k coming up

I am walking another 5k this Saturday. It is called the pumpkin run.  Part of the walk is through a corn maze.  Hubby and all 3 kids are walking with me.  I signed up for this about 3 months ago and I was really looking forward to it.  But unfortunately, my motivation is not there.  There is something personal going on right now (I am not able to talk about it on the blog...yet), and it is emotionally and mentally draining.  I am hoping that come 5k day, I can get excited about it.  I think we are going out tonight to buy our orange tutus for the walk...which should be fun.

I want this to be a fun experience for hubby and the kids especially since it is their first 5k. It's also my first chipped and timed 5k.  I am going to do my best to keep on keeping on.

If anyone would like to cheer us on, the Pumpkin Run starts at 10:00 Saturday morning at Konow's Corn Maze in Homer Glen, IL (http://www.konowscornmaze.com).  Admission is $10 and included rides for the kids.

Thanks again for all the encouragement, thoughts, and prayers.

1 comment: