Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 1, 2015

Started weight training.

Today I started weight training.  I went down to the gym during lunch and learned how to do 5 different machines.  Three are for my arms/upperbody, one for my legs, and one for my lower back.  I did three sets of 12 on each machine.  I kept the weight low, but will increase it as I get used to it.  I'll probably add more machines as I get more proficient and as time allows.  By doing this 2 or 3 times per week (on the days I'm in the office), I hope to build some tone to combat the sagging skin.  On the days I'm home, I'm going to do my darndest to walk either during lunch or when I get off work.

I'm already looking for my next week.  I found a 3k in July and a 5k in October.  I might do both, and get the hubby and kids walking too (just need the funds).

It feels so good to be active...especially when I'm not seeing much movement on the scale.  And the support I'm getting....it's awesome!!!

2 comments:

  1. I admire your bravery and tenacity! You've always been so beautiful. Now you'll have health to add to your whole package! I couldn't be more proud of you! Best wishes! - SJF

    ReplyDelete