Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, July 28, 2014

We told the Kids

Yesterday morning we told the kids about my surgery.  They are 12, 9, and 7.  The conversation went really well.  I was expecting questions about the surgery itself and risks and things along that nature, but what they were most interested in was what I would be able to eat after surgery.  They were just wonderful.  It feels good now to be able to talk out in the open about the surgery and not worry if they are going to overhear something.

I have just a little over a month to go until surgery.  August 25 starts the special diet.  I'm looking forward to having this over and the next phase of my life begin.  My 7-year-old was talking about the things I'll be able to do "when I'm skinny".  She is so cute.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised that your kids would be curious about what you would be able to eat afterwards. I'm super excited for you! See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of curious about that too, and I'm not seven (well, at least not chronologically)! :D

    ReplyDelete