Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Random thoughts

It's so freeing now that the kids know about my surgery.  It's nice to not have to hide comments to the hubby and to talk openly about how things will be after surgery.

Food, food everywhere.  Man, you don't realize sometimes how there is food all over the place.  I'm really trying hard to stay on track.  I need to get my A1C down and I need to get myself mentally ready for surgery and the post-op way of life.  I'm back to tracking my food again, which is always an eye-opener for me.  So tonight we get home and everyone has the munchies.  The kids have a candy bar and the hubby has some sugar wafers.  I don't fault any of them for having their snacks, not at all.  Of course, I have the munchies too, but I go to the living room and log onto Facebook.  And what is the first thing I see??  A picture of some delicious cheese danishes.  And then I turn on the TV to watch the news and there is one food commercial after another.  So what do I decide to do???  I decide to be a good girl and cure my munchies at the same time by having a low calorie blueberry Greek yogurt.  Yea me.

BTW, I weighed in this morning and am down 2 pounds....down to 353.  Yippie!!

Sometimes I just have to keep chant like Dorie....Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

All these changes are for the good.  I have to continue to keep my eye on the prize.  My health and more fun with the hubby and kids.  Vacation next year is Myrtle Beach and I'm going to be running and playing in the sand and the waves.  I will be able to really have fun and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment